Internal Medicine Jobs in Massachusetts
Monday · June 18, 2018
1 Job in The Bay State
Photo: Gazing upon the Financial District from Boston Harbor
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Leeds) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Disability Retirement.
- Central Western Massachusetts Health Services (Cwmhs).
- For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- In these clinics, you will work as part of a Patient Aligned Care Team (Pact), consisting of the Patient, Provider, RN Care Manager, a LPN or Health technician, and a Medical Support Assistant.
- The Pioneer Valley is known for its scenery and as a vacation destination.
- How is the pension funded?
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- Many of the cities and towns include areas of forests, and Springfield itself, which in the early 1900s was nicknamed "The City in a Forest," features nature within its city limits and over 12% parkland.
- 13 days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!
- Clinic hours are Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm and you will see about 12-14 patients per day with 30 minutes for returning patients and 60 minutes for new patients.
- VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- It is generally taken to comprise the three counties of Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin.
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay.
- These clinics are located in the Pioneer Valley which is the colloquial name for the portion of the Connecticut River Valley that is in Massachusetts.
- Northampton, Springfield, and Greenfield, Massachusetts.
- The Cwmhs serves over 25,000 patients at its main campus in Northampton (Leeds) and at seven community-based outpatient clinics in Central and Western Massachusetts.
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- Your inquiry will be held in confidence.
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- You are invited.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Leeds, MA.
- Great Benefits!
- Fers-Frae basic benefits (pension).
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- Great Hours!
- The clinics have Nurse Practitioners or Physicians Assistants, RNs, LPNs and administrative staff, along with mental health services and other subspecialty services on site.
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- The Medical Center is engaging employees in a 'Culture of Improvement,' utilizing a variety of Process Improvement techniques to improve efficiency of clinical operational functions to the benefit of veterans and staff.
- Great Patients!
- You should also be board eligible or board certified in internal or family medicine.
- Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- Northampton and Greenfield are full-time positions while the Springfield position is a 0 FTE position.
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME.
- The lower Pioneer Valley corresponds to the Springfield, Massachusetts metropolitan area, the region's urban center, and the seat of Hampden County.
- Seeking Full-time & Part-time Primary Care Physicians to Care for our Veterans.
- 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- You will provide medical care services and evaluation of Veterans with compassion and provide education and counseling of Veterans and families regarding preventive care, medical conditions, and treatment.
- The Holyoke Range, Mount Tom Range, and numerous rolling hills, bluffs, and meadows feature extravagant homes from the Gilded Age, many of which surround New England's longest and largest river, the Connecticut River, which flows through the region.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- The Northampton Medical Officer of the Day is the on-site physician that covers during non-clinic hours.
- The upper Pioneer Valley region includes the smaller cities of Northampton and Greenfield, the county seats of Hampshire and Franklin counties.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Core missions are primary care, mental health inpatient and outpatient care, and extended care.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago