Internal Medicine Jobs in Massachusetts
Monday · September 25, 2017
1 Job in The Bay State
Photo: Gazing upon the Financial District from Boston Harbor
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (White River Junction) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Our department provides inpatient internal medicine, and subspecialty inpatient and outpatient care in all subspecialties (Endocrinology, Cardiology, Critical Care Medicine, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Gastroenterology, Hematology-Oncology, Hospital Medicine, Neurology, Pulmonary, Rheumatology, Infectious Disease, and Nephrology).
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (Fers).
- Our department has a historically strong affiliation with Geisel Medical School at Dartmouth and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center with medical students, interns, and residents rotating through all four inpatient teaching teams and the outpatient general medicine clinics.
- 10 Paid federal holidays with pay.
- We are only a short drive to Burlington, VT, Manchester, NH and Boston, MA.
- And 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan.
- Fers-Frae basic benefits ( pension ).
- Collaborate with other service chiefs and program managers.
- Medical Service is comprised of 85 staff members and provides observation medicine, acute inpatient medicine, and critical medicine and hospice services.
- Nestled between the Green and White Mountains and located on the Connecticut River, the area provides cultural and entertainment opportunities and year-round outdoor recreation.
- Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service.
- Chief OF Medicine.
- Oversee all aspects of the service including budget and fiscal management, human resource management, strategic planning, and program development, assuring that the clinical and administrative functions are integrated in order to provide optimum utilization of the available resources.
- Veterans Health Administration.
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension.
- Disability Retirement.
- Ensure appropriate use of available resources and be responsible for inspiring, motivating, and guiding staff in achieving the strategic goals and plans of the service.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option.
- Fers is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits.
- You will serve in both a clinical and administrative role that accomplishes the health care delivery mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs at the organizational level.
- If you have a desire to care for veterans while teaching the next generation of caregivers, send your full CV to Don Rainwater, National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant for the VA New England Healthcare System.
- You are invited to consider joining our team caring and providing care to our veterans.
- Affiliate OF Dartmouth Geisel School OF Medicine.
- We are located in the Upper Valley Region of New Hampshire and Vermont where every season is stunning and there are endless recreational opportunities.
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- How is the pension funded?
- VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12% of the employee's salary.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in White River Junction, VT.
- Your inquiry will be handled in confidence.
- We support the VHA missions of providing health care, education, and research, and to support the nation's emergency preparedness within an environment that enriches the lives of Veterans and their families, staff, and the community.
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA).
- 104 Hours paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!
- 208 Hours paid annual (vacation/personal) leave - you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year.
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME.
- Having outstanding professional ability in the practice of medicine or a medical specialty and the ability to guide the development and implementation of programs such as medical practice, professional standards, personnel issues, quality, and performance improvement will be key to your success.
- You should have a rich background in the clinical, academic, and administrative realms of health care in order to qualify for an academic appointment in the Department of Medicine at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, and serve on the department's Executive Committee.
- In addition to Fers, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel.
- Support the academic mission and oversee training and research opportunities.
- The department also has oversight of the Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, Inpatient Dialysis Unit and Medical Same Day Procedure Unit.
- Our medical center is a 74 bed, acute care facility that provides a full range of primary, secondary, and specialty care and we are dually affiliated with the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth and the University of Vermont (UVM) College of Medicine.
- For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000.
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution.
- Lead a large multidisciplinary service of health professionals, including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, and other clinical and administrative staff.
- You should have a full and unrestricted license (any state), be board certified and have experience sufficient to maintain an academic appointment.
- White River Junction VA Medical Center, Vermont.
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of services provided, customer satisfaction, as well as compliance with standards of accrediting bodies.
- This is an exciting opportunity to lead and practice state-of-the-art medicine while holding an academic appointment.
This perm job opening was posted
4 weeks ago